The BLS for Healthcare Providers Course covers core material such as adult, child, and infant CPR (including two-rescuer scenarios and use of the bag mask) foreign-body airway obstruction and automatic external defibrillation.
The BLS for Healthcare Providers course is intended for certified or non certified licensed or nonlicensed, healthcare providers such as EMT, physician assistants, nurses, dentist, respiratory, physical and occupational therapist and medical or nursing students.
The BLS for Healthcare Providers cover core materials:
• Adult, child, and infant CPR, including one and two-rescuer scenarios and use of the bag-valve mask and other breathing barriers
• Foreign-body airway obstruction (Heimlich maneuver) for adults, child and infant (conscious and unconscious)
• AED (Automated external defibrillation) on both adult and child
• Special resuscitation situations and cardiopulmonary emergencies
Option 1: First Time or Renewal Class – Normal classroom setting certification
Certificate: 2 year American Heart (AHA) BLS certification card given the very same day.
Class length: About 3 hours
This Web-based eLearning course features the online portion for BLS for Healthcare Providers course (Part 1), and includes a series of modules that covers all required sequence. Those who successfully complete Part 1 receive a certificate that allows them entrance to a skills practice and testing session – 30 minute skills check-off
• Purchase BLS online training for $17.50 from American Heart Association (click on AHA link)
• Complete BLS online module with AHA and print certificate of completion
• Call Two Nurses & A Manikin to schedule a skills testing session
• Bring Certificate and $45.oo payment to class on schedule day of skills testing
• At the conclusion of the skills test, you will receive an AHA BLS Healthcare Provider certification.